• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Frame ends cut or not?

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked up this truck Monday from Chambersburg Pa...met some cool dude from Utah picking one up too...drove out with a Uhaul trailer and off he went...I hope he made it!! My question is, the truck had a plow on it so I cut it off, torched, to put the bumper and spare front grill guard on...the frame is missing whatever was there to bolt the bumper to....compared to the blazer, the top has 2 small brackets that bolt to the frame then to the upper bumper holes but the bottom is bolted to the frame directly...I don't have a truck to compare it to so I'm not sure if something was bolted here or cut off...if it was a part bolted there will a standard truck parts fit? Need to get this bolted correctly.20210831_103912.jpg20210831_103918.jpg20210831_103924.jpg

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No I do NOT think they are cut. I know they are missing the front bumper brackets and lifting tie down tubes. But CUT. NO I don't think they are. They still have the double reinforcements.
Ok that's kinda where I was leaning since it looked way to straight for a torch cut plus the one steel piece is riveted on the frame! So the next question is do you have any of these brackets I am missing? I could use a tailgate and mounts too...I'd much appreciate it!!! Hope you're not floating away like I am right now with this crazy rain!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks