• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FREE N.O.S. HARNES....ONLY 94 LEFT

hot rod deuce

ok now that i have your attention :turn: !!
does anyone know what they do with the fuel pump on an m 35 when they do a 12 volt conversion? It seems to run on 12 volt just a little slow...might just work...any ideas

Sorry if i got you excited

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have free 12 Volt in tank fuel pumps with purchase of beachfront property in Kansas.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Recovry4x4 said:
I have free 12 Volt in tank fuel pumps with purchase of beachfront property in Kansas.
BWAHAHAHA!!! :lol:

You could use any old 12v pump if you know the output pressure of the old one. Just set your regulator after your 12v pump to match the 24v. My [2cents]

hot rod deuce

ah yes thats the first thing you think of right after "this guys a dumb arzz" but then one remembers you must keep the military "shoot holes in the battery and steel my alternator but i can still drive" 99% of fuel pumps wont flow through when off. You see the m 35 fuel pump is just like a water pump. Well the next simple thought is to add an inline check valve so the motor can suck around the pump if it has to...then i had another bright idea...the heater fan runs on 12 volt on low so why cant the pump just pump a little slower? the lift pump should do it on its own but a little help from a gremlin in the tank wouldnt hurt.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
hot rod deuce said:
ah yes thats the first thing you think of right after "this guys a dumb arzz"
[:)] [:)] That thought never crossed my mind, I swear [:)] [:)]

hot rod deuce said:
one remembers you must keep the military "shoot holes in the battery and steel my alternator but i can still drive" 99% of fuel pumps wont flow through when off.
The 12v diesel fuel pump I mounted on my frame rail of my CUCV flows thru just fine. The reason I know this is because when I switched my CUCV to Caddy 500 power I used the mechanical pump on the Caddy which had to pump gas thru the inline pump. When I yanked the Caddy and went back to diesel it still worked just fine believe it or not. I used a stock replacement fuel pump from a '90 model 6.2L diesel GM truck from NAPA. I don't know what the PSI is, but it may work out just fine for you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks