• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front axle dust seal springs

RParker

Does anyone have a source for the springs on the dust seal on the front axle?
Broke a rusty one, and the kit from Memphis doesn't have a new one.
Thanks.

RParker

Haven't found anything locally (auto parts, hardware store, or arts and craft store).
But McMaster Carr has spring stock listed, and if my measuring is correct, I've found a match.

USMC 00-08

Great! Please let us know if it works. That is how we have built our parts list. All of us find modern equivalents of the old parts and we record it in the list so we can keep these trucks on the road.

RParker

The spring I ordered was too light, but the seal from Memphis was much stiffer than the original, so I didn't use one.
But I am convinced my idea will work. Buy the proper size spring stock, cut it a little long(an inch or so) and inter-lace the coils at the ends. To secure it, slip a piece of wire down the center of the joint. That should work in the groove, and since we can't find originals, it's worth a try in my opinion.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks