• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front Axle Rebuild

Justincase

Did this job 2 years ago. Pulled the axle and leaf springs out as a unit on a pallet jack from the side. Did the chunk swap with an engine hoist and put it back together. Supported front on cribbing under the frame in front and big jack stands to frame about under the cab.

Nice job getting it done. Not easy either way.
I’ll be pulling it next go around for sure!! How did you remove the leafs? They looked to be riveted from what I saw

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All I did was remove the four pins that connect the ends of the leafs to the frame mounts. Remove the pinch bolts and drive out the pins. In my case I already had the pitman arm apart to pull the spindles so at that point it came out as an assembly blocked up a pallet jack and I just wheeled it around the driveway.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks