• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front Axle swap (Claw and Ball to UJoint)

Dasgog

Hello

I was going to begin tearing down, for the first time, my axle/hub/wheel cylinder and everything in between and was wondering what my options were if I have a claw and ball axle.. I’ve heard the UJoint style is stronger? Does it matter? Are the seal and retainer the same style for both?
I will say I drive it once a week and really not too crazy like but that may change.
Just wanted to get a census of the situation.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you do have CV / ball and claw myself I would not fret it a bit and run them. The only thing I might see is if your boots let lots of dirt into them it would require going in and cleaning / repacking. Keep you boots in good shape and have fun.

#1Empty box to throw grease rags in #2 a box of clean rags #3 a bucket of soapy water to keep washing your hands in .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks