• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front brush guard ideas

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been tinkering with more ideas for a front brush guard what do you think? Some Baja Designs lights also.
lower edge mounted to where the cab tilt hinge mounts. Would do a custom grill.
99b78b21-e377-475d-87dd-be695b880e81.png

Ronmar

I don’t know that I would attach it right up under the window, but to the tilt mounts sounds like a good plan. I am working out something similar To tie into my roof fairing/storage.

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don’t know that I would attach it right up under the window, but to the tilt mounts sounds like a good plan. I am working out something similar To tie into my roof fairing/storage.
I was rethinking that idea. There are threaded holes there that the European versions attach hand holds to, but then I was thinking in case of hitting an obstacle such as a tree limb the force might go to the windshield loop and crack the windshield so I might just go straight over from the bottom mount over to the side by the bottom corners of the windshield at an angle kind of matching the angle of the bumper next to the glad hands.

Ronmar

something also to consider is that there is only about 2-1/2” of space straight ahead from those Allen head cab to pivot mount bolts to the top of the bumper When the cab is tilted.

hike

—realizing each day
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Broke Overland made several videos for his brush guards, ladder, and roof rack build. Here is the first one:

Note in his second video he gets rid of the rivetnuts and improves the pipe/tube bender—

ramdough

I was rethinking that idea. There are threaded holes there that the European versions attach hand holds to, but then I was thinking in case of hitting an obstacle such as a tree limb the force might go to the windshield loop and crack the windshield so I might just go straight over from the bottom mount over to the side by the bottom corners of the windshield at an angle kind of matching the angle of the bumper next to the glad hands.
I agree…. Assume that one day you will bump something hard enough to bend your cab. Do you want to pound out a dent or replace a windshield *and* pound out a dent? ! ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks