• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front lockout on M1009

Stroked66

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi everyone,
First post, but need a little help. My 86 M1009 has an issue with a loose front lockout, the (6) cap screws are tight but the lock selector housing wobbles around quite a bit such that the o-ring cannot provide a good seal. Thanks in advance

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi everyone,
First post, but need a little help. My 86 M1009 has an issue with a loose front lockout, the (6) cap screws are tight but the lock selector housing wobbles around quite a bit such that the o-ring cannot provide a good seal. Thanks in advance
There's a snap ring that holds the inner part in the hub plus one on the end of the axle shaft.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw those two and they both seem to be engaged properly. Thanks any other ideas?
Darn!! Was hoping that would do it! Ok...are they a brand name lockout? Like warn etc? I've run into some that were a no name brand and the guts weren't made right.

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They look to be the originals. Both of my CUCV’s have the same identical lockouts. .
That black spray painted ones. Ok ..my next step would be checking the big snap ring and make sure it's thick enough to hold it tight.

87cr250r

Got any parts for Dana 60 hubs? I need one selector and believe I need those thin washers inside. I had a king pin pull its threads which allowed the wheel to lean in and out which pulled on the axle shaft and bent up those washers. The hub still works, it just isn't right.

cucvrus

Got any parts for Dana 60 hubs? I need one selector and believe I need those thin washers inside. I had a king pin pull its threads which allowed the wheel to lean in and out which pulled on the axle shaft and bent up those washers. The hub still works, it just isn't right.
I do have many parts for stock CUCV M1008/1028 L/O hubs. And M1009 hubs. PM me. I like to trade. IMG_0896.jpeg IMG_0895.jpeg IMG_0894.jpeg

Stroked66

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would swap another lockout into the hub and see if you have the same slop. It could be it was loose for a while and wore into the aluminum hub assembly, but that big PITA snap ring should be in place and tight. I have lots of OEM hub parts if you get in a bind. Be Safe.
Ok Guys, I will swap out that section tomorrow after checking the ring thickness. Nice to know you have a place to ask questions. I’ll keep you posted.

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The kit I ordered must have been the wrong one, much larger diameter orings... Hopefully some has spares or knows where I can buy a set of rings to fit the original hubs...
Did the snap ring fit?

Stroked66

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did the snap ring fit?

No It didn’t.
You probably received them for a Dana 60. The M1009 has a cooperate 10 bolt front axle NOT a Dana 44
That is some great info! I thought it was a Dana 60. Never had to worry about it until now. Now the search for the corporate 10 O-rings…

Stroked66

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From one to another you mean. LOL Started researching the Corporate 10 info so thanks again for the "no brainer" heads-up! I did get a set of NOS lockouts from Hillbilly Wizard and that fixed the problem. With (2) M1009's I don"t mind having a complete extra set, so next I'll look into getting a set of 0-rings for the lockouts that I removed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks