• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

front pto shaft for M543

rizzo

still looking for one of these. I think it is the same for any multifuel 5 ton. maybe even the same as the gas ones two. please correct me if I'm wrong.

thanks in advance

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
wish you two were closer i could fab them up. its been awhile since i built front shafts for my fords, as i broke many. it wouldnt be hard at all.even local welding shops should charge to much.

rizzo

DaveP said:
had 1 made when i put the winch on the XM818 and iirc it was $240.oo. upside is the readily availible parts. such as slip joint, yokes and u joints.
I figured as much as I use it should last a life time. I have been looking at cost and shipping for a used one are about the same. only reason I havnt got one made is that i want to take it to the shop so they can make sure everything clears well

the rear yoke that i used needed a small amount of modifieing on the ears to clear the case. after the grinding i had it rebalenced. the yokes are much meatier than the stock ones. not that i needed them to be its just what i needed to use to fit the id of the tube that is availible. i had stock slips and yokes but when i tried finding original size tube and had no luck i just went with what was availible.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
that is high anyway, on my m37 there is no slip yoke, only a yoke but a slip would make it better to inslall. and like a ford front drive shaft would you really need to balance it. as it doesnt run that fast and not that long anyway. but it might be you get what you pay for i really dont know about that type shaft. but i built many for the fords usuing a rear drive shaft out of a 75 or so 1/2 ton 2 wheel drive. both had a 1 7/8 in shaft. but it was a whole lot beafier than the original.

rizzo

well supposedly it is will be shipped soon. I gave them all the info. it seemed a bit high, but the drive shaft shop is a ways from my house and I don't have a lot of time. so to get a bolt in part delivered to my house I think it is worth it for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks