• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front Spring "Hooks"

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the spade or "U" shaped casting for on the lower front spring plates? Never noticed these till the front body parts were removed and I pressured washed 60 years of crud off the axels. Picture attached.

Attachments

Tuko

i have seen those and wondered what they are for also. Standing by :popcorn:

Carter

I believe they were used at the factory to move the frame along the assembly line but have no facts to back up that statement. No one I have ever talked to actually knew what they were for. I offer this as my opinion only.

Mike_L

Assembly line use....Good answer. I had thought they were the jack points for the hydraulic jack. The bottoms seem to have a circular relief in them though I had no idea why they cut them out like they are. I've never tried to jack it up using these points but now I'll have to relook them. I've noticed they are at each axle end so that is why I thought they were jack points.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks