• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front springs needed, opinions on snow plow springs

rcamacho

Replied above .
I run plow springs on my 998 on road and they are just fine for me in regards to ride quality. Rough roads or off road likely a different story...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Not a ad or an endorsement. Plow spring on the front of my rig with Luverne heavy brush guard. Rides like stiff heavy duty truck on road. On the trail like wagon buck board. You don't want to hit or come down hard on them. Differently little spring action. Lifted the rig 1 1/2 inches from old 954 rates of thirty years. You can pay more so here's a deal, https://armysurpluswarehouse.com/humvee-front-helical-compression-spring/

Not the ones for a Cadillac smooth ride, CAMO

papakb

I had a saggy right front spring and replaced them with a set of Dana's "snow plow" springs. The truck is an '86 M996A1 ambulance with a lightweight brushguard and a 9K# winch and to be honest I haven't seen much difference in the ride. The truck does ride level now and the front end might be a touch lower due to the 1" shorter spring but the heavier spring rate more than makes up for it.

These things aren't meant to ride like a Lincoln so just go for it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks