• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

front vent line

President Camacho

Has anyone blown through the front vent line? I can blow through mine but it's not a clean blow with plenty back pressure. Is it supposed to be clean or is there supposed to be a little pushback?

Action

If you just pull off a vent line and blow in it, you may be blowing into the hub. you will have pressure build up and blow back at you, because there is nowhere for the air to go.

ryanruck

If you just pull off a vent line and blow in it, you may be blowing into the hub. you will have pressure build up and blow back at you, because there is nowhere for the air to go.
Was going to say if it's the fuel vent I could offer some first hand experience but Action is right. It's supposed to otherwise be sealed. Vent is to allow expansion and contraction of air inside without blowing out seals or sucking in foreign material. Only way to check restriction is with the cover off and then blowing in it.

Action

You said it was the hub vent line which led me to believe it went to the hub which doesn't vent anywhere.
If you were blowing the other piece of line, it runs all over the humvee and could easily have a bubble of fluid in it somewhere. The standard system vents to the air filter can.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks