• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FT Drum Recovery Countdown PICS

m38inmaine

Will be leaving Maine Monday night late and headed to Ft Drum NY to recover a M1009, M1008 and two M103a3 trailers. Am bringing a 28' gooseneck trailer to put one of the cucv's on and the trailers and will drive the second cucv. Will post pictures and details upon return. Will be glad to bring something back this way that I could fit on board. My cell is 207-271-0078.

Mark

m38inmaine

Left Monday evening around 7pm drove straight through to Drum arrived at 8am. Took a little bit to find the yard, if you ever get lost just look for the big steam plant chimney and head for that. Met with Kevin and signed in, located the pickup and blazer, pickup started right up, blazer started with a jump. Hooked one of the M103 trailers to the truck, then Kevin stacked the second one on top, drove the truck/trailers onto the trailer and tied it down. No room to spare, had to lift the trailer with the forks to get the ramps unhooked from the trailer, a tight fit for sure. Not much to preview in the yard, all awaiting pickup mostly. A few items were back up for sale due to denied euc's. One was the 5 ton dump and the clean M101A3 trailer. Headed back for Maine around 9:30 and drove straight back with only fuel stops. Had to be back to work Wednesday morning. Arrived home 1am Wednesday, blazer drove great, load on the truck rode well and stayed secure. M1008 had 22k original miles, very clean, minor surface rust from sitting, bad news was discovered after driving it the rear driveshaft was bent, that's number two for me. Blazer is interesting as I discovered some paperwork in the glovebox indicating it came from 286QM and bumper number QM12, this was in my unit when I retired 3 years ago and I recall driving this very truck! Thanks for all the offers of help and support, another great GL recovery.

Attachments

jatonka

Fort Drum recovery

Glad you made it safe and sound, pretty typical on the bent driveshaft, every time they fork lift them that is what happens. Your local shop can build a new one for about 200. JTout

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks