• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FU1

e_beauregard

Recently purchased an MEP803A (2002 model) and realized the FU1 fuse was missing. After digging through the front compartment I found it, intact, inside it’s cap/plug. Has anybody upgraded the fuse holder to something more secure? I found one online but not sure if it would work. Thanks in advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ray70

You can upgrade it to anything you'd like, its 2 simple solder connections on the back, however the holder that's there now should be plenty secure enough.
You have to push in and turn it to remove the cap and when a fuse is in place the spring puts plenty of pressure on it to prevent accidental disengagement.
I'm sure many of us have received these sets ( myself included ) with the F1 cap rolling around inside, but I believe they were removed intentionally prior to the military disposing of them. Most of the ones I found with F1 sitting in the bottom of the control panel also had the fluids and filters removed, occasionally the hoses were also disconnected.

Guyfang

Staff member
The cap can come off the metal fuse holder insert. But a dab of glue and that fixes that. Continue to look in the control cube, and there is no telling what you may find. I think my record was 3 or 4 FU1 caps.

e_beauregard

The cap can come off the metal fuse holder insert. But a dab of glue and that fixes that. Continue to look in the control cube, and there is no telling what you may find. I think my record was 3 or 4 FU1 caps.
That would explain why no matter how much I press & twist, it just won't stick; the insert is free spinning inside the cap. I'll glue it this evening.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks