• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel additives

steelandcanvas

Great study, thanks for starting this thread. I usually use Diesel Kleen ( ranked #10) but I might think about trying another product with a better ranking. I would assume as long as you use something on the positive end of the scale, you'll do less wear and tear.

Braunchitis

I had heard biodiesel is better for lubrication, but I didn't think it was that much better. Maybe next time I fill up I'll add a half gallon of biodiesel and see what happens.

Croatan_Kid

Shoot....half a gallon? I run mine 50/50 with home made bio and #2. I also run Marvel Myster Oil when I run straight diesel fuel which I see ranked very low. I'm gunna have to try something else when this last bottle runs out.

AJMBLAZER

There's a guy over on CK5 that's pimping some fuel additives. Gets good reviews from a few folks over there.

I actually have a bottle of it but have only managed to drive the truck once since I filled the tank in May. :?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used to not believe in additives. Cummins has an issue with Bosch injectors in the '07 and above 6.7 L B series engines in Automotive applications, like tow trucks and yard goats...that's the only vehicles we have seen problems in. After 4 SETS...24 new injectors, there was a Ford F650 roll back that came back pushing black smoke thru the DPF and knocking on acceleration. I figured the factory was just gonna throw more injectors at it since Bosch engineers had been out on at least 6 other vehicles, saw what they were doing, but still can't figure out what was/is wrong. A Cummins engineer called me and said he was sending a "special" additive to me and said to put 3 oz into 50 gallons, then run the pizz out of it on the dyno. Turned out to be a Valvoline product...i'll get pics tomorrow...The engine was blubbering and smoking and knocking real bad, thought it was gonna hole a piston, then, all of a sudden, it cleaned up. Ran great, good HP and no more knock/smoke. Put a new DPF on it and shipped it. it has not been back. At the time of the 5th failure, it had around 10k on it and had a date in service of around Feb. 2008. I might try some of that stuff!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: fuel

DPF, diesel particulate filter,...smoke in...nuthin' but hot air out. Well, supposed to be that way, but there are still issues. In a nutshell, what the above link states.

Craig C

Opti-Lube

Has anyone tried the Opti Lube...?

From all I've read, you want a demulsifier w/o ANY alcohol in it........this type of lube bonds to the water in the fuel making it heavier and there for getting trapped in the filter and separating into the water trap.

The Emulsifer lets the water go thru the engine, injectors etc and can cause damager....this is not what you want to add to your tank whether or not is has alcohol and definately not anything with alcohol in it.....

Anyone have any commments....add away.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks