• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel/Air filter change, Still no power?

Tlauden

Ok, so yesterday did the first filter change since I've had the truck, I couldn't believe filters could get so bad. I was dumping sludge looking stuff from all three canisters. Anyway after the change I took her on a spin, I was able to get my RPM to about 2100-2200 where before I could barely reach 2000. And on long flats it would make it to about 42-45 MPH but took forever to get there. And I don't even wanna talk about how it bogs down on hills.

I was sure replacing these cruddy filters would solve my power problem and it did a little. The tank pump is working fine, not sure what pressure its puttin out but its enough to soak me in a nice diesel spray when i bleed the primary fuel filter... I've searched the forum and it seems like alot of no power problems come back to changing filters or turning up fuel... Since I did filters I think turning up fuel is my next step, I'll turn it up 1/4 turn a time and get a pyro for it... I don't wanna go 65mph in it but it would be nice to pull a hill a little faster than 30mph

Any thoughts/advise folks??

Thanks
Tyler

AceHigh

If your FDC is not bypassed you can bypass it easy and take it for a spin. If it flys down the road you need to turn up the fuel. The pyro will protect you during this test of course.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Any updates on this? Does bypassing the FDC really do that much for power?
It can. It depends on how your FDC was adjusted to begin with. Just remember, bypassing the FDC can send your egt way up there. I don't think it would be a good idea to do it with out one.

Tlauden

Sorry, didnt try it yet... Every time I open up the fuel canister drains I get a snotty like gunk coming out so right now I'm putting Bio-Kill stuff in it to see if it's just algea clogging the lines....

Jimma

I would try running some transmission fluid through it as a cleaner and maybe some of the diesel kleen stuff in the silver/gray bottle. It should help to clean your lines and injectors of sludge and gunk.

Tlauden

Thanks for the tips, that what I'm doing, we have a good supply of diesel additives at the fire house and me and the guy in charge of the rigs mixed up a " special" blend for my deuce. It has ATF, Bio-Clean, Diesel 911, anti-gel, and just a generic diesel IP cleaner...

Ya it's a little much but I've been putting it in sparingly... Hvent been running it long enough to notice anything yet though, now that it's getting nice out I wanna pull the tank soon and get that cleaned...

It's a work in progress but it's slowly getting there

dabtl

When the white powder on the filter cleans up, you are making progress. I put it in once or twice a year.

Be sure and change the filters fairly frequently. Some of the bio mass comes out in chunks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks