• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel canister set-up

sermis

New to the Duce. I was replacing fluids and filters. On the primary fuel filter the washer is cone up. in one of the secondary filters the cone is down and in the 3rd. it is missing completly. Which way should the washer under the filter be facing? For lack of better word, bowl up or down?

houdel

You can download 9-2320-361-20, M35A2 Unit Maintenance from the Technical manuals section. It has detailed instructions with illustrations so you can get it right.

Paragraph 3-28 covers the primary filter, parts as installed from the bottom up are : washer, spring, washer, gasket, cup (cone up), filter element.

Paragraph 3-29 covers the secondary/final filters, parts as installed from the bottom up are : spring, washer, gasket, cup (cone down), cotter pin, filter element.

Attached are pics of the parts as assembled. Although the cotter pin on the secondary/final appears in the illustration to be installed below the spring, it is actually installed above the cup to hold the parts in place. Hope this helps.

Attachments

houdel

Here are full page pictures of the fuel filter installation and instructions. You might have to copy the images to your hard drive as JPG files and then open the copies in Photo Editor to enlarge them enough to read them easily.

Attachments

houdel

Here it is one more time, I did 1/2 of each page at a time to make them more easily readable. Here is the secondary-final filter info, it won't let me add any more images to this reply so I will do the primary filter in another reply.

Attachments

houdel

Here is the primary fuel filter info, 1/2 page at a time.

While I have spent quite a while posting this info, it has been a very worthwhile learning experience for me, figuring out how to get PDF images into a legible JPG format to post in this forum!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks