• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel consumption and top speed

txturbo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the fuel issue straightened out today. Now I’m drawing from and returning to the left tank. Took it for about a 15 mile drive and the fuel level only dropped less than an inch. Major improvement.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Mack engines seem to get a little better mileage than the multifuels, from what I've heard.

When I was driving to the Big Bear rally in Modesto, Ca, it was a about 750 mi from home, and I used a bit over 100 gallons of Diesel.

A friend of mine had a gasser M54, he got a bit over 3MPG. Ouch.
NH250 typically gets 5.5mpg. Loaded or empty, doesn't matter. 809series or 939series.

NH250 + turbo gets about 7.5mpg.

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was gonna state what you found out. Glad you fingered it out. IF you are concerned with MPG, wrong hobby!
Economy is not a concern for me but fuel prices kinda are since it limits my fun.

Funny that so many people are concerned about mileage that it's typically their second question when asking about my truck after they ask what it is or why I have it.

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only time MPG is a concern, is when I'm taking it on a longer trip, and where to buy fuel at the best deal. Or if I should load up some barrels to cover the trip, like I did in California.

Locally, I don't care.

txturbo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My only reason for the concern about the mileage was it was disappearing way faster than it should have been, according to what others were saying. You have to have some idea how far you can go on the amount of fuel you have available and things weren’t adding up. It would be just plain stupid to run out of fuel and get stranded somewhere when you are expecting 4 mpg and are only getting 2.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks