• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Density Compensator by-pass

RAYZER

I got a question about the FDC. Picked up my truck today and am blowing oil out the vent tube and a lot of white smoke not steam coming out. Pulled the dipstick and oil was above full, dark and smelled of diesel. I am going to do the FDC bypass to see if this helps, but my motor is a non turbo. The fuel adjustment screw is still wire tied so being a non turbo, do I need to adjust this like is mentioned with the turbo motors? First 40 miles felt sluggish but stopped for fuel and added Lucas to the fuel and 2 hours later the truck really woke up and running strong....except for the oil blobby which I think is because of fuel getting in the oil and blowing out excess.
I had this issue of makeing oil also.I pulled my hh and replaced the three o rings and changed the oil,this fixed the problem.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And don't forget the boost pump seal can cause fuel in the oil also.

rustystud

Hi, new owner of a deuce and I saw videos on the fuel density by-pass and was wondering why it was done? Any gains?
The "Fuel Density Compensator" is a precisely machined device that when it gets worn out can cause fuel to leak straight into the engine. There are no seals or gaskets to replace to fix it either. So if yours starts to leak the best thing to do is "bypass" it. Since they all are old now anyway, most feel it is just "preventive maintenance" to bypass it now.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Hi, new owner of a deuce and I saw videos on the fuel density by-pass and was wondering why it was done? Any gains?
Yes. The FDC only ONLY serves to limit how much fuel gets to your injectors (unless running gasoline) so you should notice power gains.

In fact, Id say put a pyrometer on if you plan on bypassing it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks