• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Filter Options?

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a couple of small compressors and generators that have the Yanmar L40A Diesel engine. All of them have sediment cup type filter that should have a cylindrical fuel filter in them, I have never seen one in one of the cups but they are shown in the TM! This is the only fuel filter between the tank and injector so I need a replacement(I think this lack of filter is the main cause of so many Fuel pump/injector failures). I have used some inline filters but I would like to find a replacement for the one that fits in the sediment bowl! I have a Kubota filter shown that is 1/2 inch too tall, I am going to cut it down if I can't find a suitable replacement. I am going to a large local Kubota dealership Monday to see if they can special order me something that may fit. These sediment filters are on a ton of different small engine applications, does anyone have a source for the actual filter???SAM_0324.jpgSAM_0322.jpgSAM_0320.jpgSAM_0325.jpg

DieselGenAC

According to my TM for the MEP-531A, the filter element is 114250-55510. The o-ring on the filter bowl is 102103-55520. Both of those look like Yanmar part numbers.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After a little googling this is what I found J-Way Enterprises in MA seems to have everything including the air filters I need for the Yanmar at a decent price, shipping is steep but what can you do. Thanks for the help.
A 02066
Local #781-544-0333

77) 946-0250
e Park
119 Edward Foster Road
MA 02066

Local #781-544-0333