• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel gague question

86M10086.2L

the fuel gague on my 86 M1008 starts to sway/swing from whatever reading its at to empty or close to it whenever it gets to 1/2 tank or less each time I turn, stop, bounce, step grade etc... Now mind you it returns once the condition is over and the sweep is slow moving, but it's got me baffled. Any thoughts? Ideas? Similar problems? Is this normal?

acetomatoco

Gauges are at the mercy of the float. When you move or bounce, the fuel surges and the float goes up and down, your gauge is dampened, so the move is not immediate, but sedate. It is normal...as the tank is long fore and aft and you get a lot of fuel movement.

CCATLETT1984

before you bother with anything else, check the ground connection for the sending unit. its on the inside of the framerail, at about the middle of the tank. it comes through a hole in the frame and there is a star washer and a bolt that secures it to the frame.

86M10086.2L

I'll check out the ground, I've already had a few other things fall victim to poor conections. But most likely as a few of you have stated it probably is just the nature of the beast.