• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel leaking on turbo from ?

counterfit97

Ok so the n00b question's start. I drove my 1968 M35A2 to work today and noticed smoke coing in the cab, I found fuel leaking onto the turbo from some kind of valve. The valve is on the aluminum tube from the intake to the turbo. There are 2 plastic lines going to this valve and is marked in and out on it. One line goes to the injectors and the other goes down under the engine. This valve has a C clip and is leaking fuel around from there. The name on the part is " Uni Valve " Again sorry for the description and no pics but im at work with no access to a camra and am deff new to this truck. What im wondering is that where the c clip is, is there an o ring behind it that I can replace or do I just need to find a new " Uni Valve" . Thank's for any help.

hoop

That is your cold start system. For a temp fix you can just undo and plug the line. Buy a new one or rebuild that one. I have some extra o-rings if you need some.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've never had to do any work on that. It's the intake heater. Until you get it fixed, you can cap it off at the filter on the fuel pump side of the engine. Try not to drive it like it is, it can cause a fire.
Hopefully someone who has worked on theirs will pipe up and be able to give you some guidance.

counterfit97

That is your cold start system. For a temp fix you can just undo and plug the line. Buy a new one or rebuild that one. I have some extra o-rings if you need some.
Great, Thank's for the reply. Im going to take it apart at lunch and see what I can do. I will get intouch with you if I cant get the o ring localy. Thank's again for the help.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had the same problem.

I took the return line loose at the injector common return line, and took the supply line loose at the heater, and looped it back and hooked it up to the common return line.

I see no loss in power, and in fact, my fuel heats up way faster this way. I will fix it, Someday...

Shane 1971 M35A2

I had the same problem.

I took the return line loose at the injector common return line, and took the supply line loose at the heater, and looped it back and hooked it up to the common return line.

I see no loss in power, and in fact, my fuel heats up way faster this way. I will fix it, Someday...
I am having the same fuel leaking on to the turbo problem, I plugged the in and out threaded holes on the manifold heater injector, but have not yet found caps to cap off the fuel supply and return line. So you just unhooked the return line from the "T", then unhooked the supply line from the manifold heater injector and looped that supply line back around and hooked it to the "T" where the return line originally went to return fuel back into the main injector line for the engine cylinders?
Shane

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am having the same fuel leaking on to the turbo problem, I plugged the in and out threaded holes on the manifold heater injector, but have not yet found caps to cap off the fuel supply and return line. So you just unhooked the return line from the "T", then unhooked the supply line from the manifold heater injector and looped that supply line back around and hooked it to the "T" where the return line originally went to return fuel back into the main injector line for the engine cylinders?
Shane
That's correct. I took it a step further and when I installed the LDS in my m109, used the T in the middle as my injector return, eliminating the line on the #1 injector down the front of the engine. I plugged the point where the flame heater drew fuel.

Attachments

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry to hear about your fuel leaking as soon as I saw your post I already knew what it was, the plenum heater on the Deuce is one of the greatest cold start assist systems I have ever worked with but it will require attention once in awhile, like your seeing. If you live in a warm environment you have no need for it I would disconnect the lines and plug them at their source and call it a day make sure you save your parts in case you ever sell your truck to somebody that needs cold start assist though! Good luck it seems you have this handled!
Karl

1dcorbin

I've never had to do any work on that. It's the intake heater. Until you get it fixed, you can cap it off at the filter on the fuel pump side of the engine. Try not to drive it like it is, it can cause a fire.
Hopefully someone who has worked on theirs will pipe up and be able to give you some guidance.
Hello. Do you know the name of the leaking part and perhaps where to buy one? Thank you!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks