• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel line fittings

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It takes an astounding quantity of fittings to properly run a fuel line.
I'm installing a heated primary fuel filter on the xm757 and the image below is only the feed side, the same number of fittings are needed on the output side.
A fixed coupling is not shown in the picture, which connects the 1/2" tubing along the frame to the flexible rubber hose which runs up into the bulkhead connector to the filter inside the cab. The coupling is welded to a bracket mounted on the frame.

...thought you might be interested.

Attachments

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Have you had any trouble with the copper fittings on your WVO powered HIAB Deuce? I am guessing that one is going to see some WVO in its future.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Joseph, frame to frame connections are copper, cab to cab points are copper, but between cab and frame there is rubber hose (as well as frame to engine). That should elleviate any worries regarding vibration fatigue.

Ethan, the xm757 will see bio/veggie fuels..... copper lines have not been a problem yet on the deuce after more than two years of exposure to these fuels. Guess the problem stated in the "books" about copper is a long term effect, perhaps ten years or more. Also, with a dual tank system, the majority of the fuel lines are only exposed to bio fuels while driving, since the engine is shut down on diesel.
I keep a short piece of copper tubing in the filler neck of the deuce main tank to observe any effect from exposure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks