• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Line pt II

JesseJaymes

Was inquiring if it would be possible to use a length of flexible steel fuel line for my fix. I need from the lift pump to the fuel filter. It was a hard, steel line that went up, over the engine, but under the intake.

I have been told this is just a low psi line, but I am concerned about the heat of the line, being over the engine.

Any other suggestions ?

I am going to have to butcher the original line in order to get the brass fitting off, as it was the original source of the headache and needs corrected. Been told to cut the end off and get a re-flaring tool and just slide a new fitting on and re-flare it.

Somemedic

The description of the fix CC described has been on my truck for over a year without fail. I stripped the nut on the lif pump and ended up cutting the line close to the pump. Replaced the pump and got some rubber fuel hose and spliced it into the steel line. If heatt is an issue youo may wish to double it up wit another section of heavy jacketed hose wrapped around youor area of concern

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks