• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Pressure Switch and Hard Starting CUCV

jplace1011

It will take you longer to setup the welder (if it's possible to weld) than to just plug it forever as already mentioned.
I am 14 years late to the creation of this post. Still, I have a small amount of input to add.

According to John, at Hillbilly Wizard, they sell New Fuel Filter Assemblies that have a plugged hole. He says there is no issue with leaks with the part they sell. It’s not cheap, but mine seems to be holding up just fine. Time will tell.

I read somewhere that the civilian version of the Fuel Filter Assembly has a plugged hole. Only the Military Version has the Hole for the Fuel Pressure Sensor. This Sensor is for the Diagnostic System (STE/ICE) which is only found in the Military Version of the Blazer. Look in TM 9-2320-289-20 Pg. 3-52. The Part is called Pressure Switch (Part No. 15596614) as found in TM 9-2320-289-20P Page 18-1.

It seems that these parts from Hillbilly Wizard may possibly be the Civilian Version.

Anyone who wants or has to rebuild or repair their Original Military Fuel Filter Housing can get the Fuel Pressure Sensor (also called a Vacuum Switch or Pressure Switch) from Owens Export Service. Call Steve at 818-772-0806. I payed $20 plus shipping and it even comes with instructions.

I’m just posting this info for anyone who has to deal with this issue. I hope it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: