• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel problem on m1009

68impalass

Picked up my first MV in a number of years.(M1009) Got it home, did the usual stuff, changed oil, fuel lines, filters. It runs great but after I shut it off about 4 or 5 tablespoons of diesel fuel drips out of the vent hole on the flywheel cover. Its fine when it's running, no leak. I checked all injectors, bypass hoses, the valley under the injector pump is dry. PLEASE give me some direction here!!! (this is my first diesel) and thanks. Oh, I took the flywheel cover off and I cannot see up high enough to see where its coming from. It's definitely diesel.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's even a little hole in the rear web of the block to let anything in the valley run out and down the back of the engine.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOO HOO, another NY'er with an MV! Welcome neighbor

superburban

You might have to remove the intake manifold to get at the IP. Check the fuel supply line going into the back of it. It might be leaking. At any rate, you can run your engine (for short periods of time for diagnostics) with the intake manifold removed. You can watch the IP and the valley of the engine that way, looking for the elusive leak.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks