• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel range and capacity

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
The tank will hold 50 gallons - but only about 40 of it is usable. Mine, burdened with a fairly heavy specialty bed, gets about 6 MPG. Those things sure run quiet at idle, don't they?

I am curious about the louvers in the engine side panel - is this an addition that you made, or did it have this configuration in military service? What is the vehicle's service history?

Hope this helps,
David Doyle

reom34

This truck arrived to Spain in 1953 from USA for Spanish army.Few years later the engine is changed to diesel.The louvers,I dont know nothing about it,but most of this trucks in Spain havet it.
Thanks

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
The OA-331 mentioned in the first post is the engine model number, Reo 331 CID gas. Continental also built copies, their model number COA-331.

DD

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
sorry, i thought the Spanish military put a diesel in it, thats why i asked what engine is in it, i get confuesed easy

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is exactly why the M108 got repowered with the multifuel. I could never afford to operate the truck around the yard with the gasser in it. The 5 tons with the R6602 are even worse on fuel.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Burned half a tank of gasoline in my M62 using it as an engine hoist to swap engines in a deuce once. What did you do with the OA-331 Kenny?

David

reom34

In the 80´s the engines on this trucks was changed to diesel,Barreiros diesel spanish engine,but now I want try put the oa331 again.
The army change the brake system too.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The OA was part of the trade for the LDT. Sent the OA the 3052 tranny with the dual ouput PTO, one rusty 53 yr old hardtop and a nice looking M105 with a very rusty frame for the LDT, and extra parts motor, a 3053A tranny and all the small parts I could take. Oh, got a really nice right door in the swap too. The OA had 4 valves locked up in the head.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks