• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Sender Help

pig9r

I am going through my new to me ‘89 M998. I ordered the new style fuel sender (5716625) from auction site from known seller - listing for M998. I go to swap them out and the new sender seems to be hitting the baffles in the bottom of the tank, so it won’t fully seat. It’s about two inches too long (usually have opposite problem😁) Any ideas? Thanks!

DREDnot

Does your tank have the metal plate baffles, or the plastic box in the bottom?
Are you replacing the old float arm style sender?

pig9r

Does your tank have the metal plate baffles, or the plastic box in the bottom?
Are you replacing the old float arm style sender?

Plastic. I finally got it in . I was working through a opening that was previously cut in the floor. After moving the pick up sock and peeling back the opening a little more allowing me to insert it perpendicular to the tank the entire way, it seated. Thanks![

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks