• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel system issues

mooresM35A2

The cckw 352 I just got is having some issues. Ill start from the beginning. Got it home and it started running like a dog. Wanting to fall on its face when you go to take off and dying when you let it idle for about five minutes but it would start somewhat easily. I should mention that when I went to look at the truck it started perfectly and ran down the road without a single hickup so go figure. Truck also has a new/rebuilt Zenith carb on it. The gas tank had some old gas and alot of custy rust and debris in the tank so I took it out and let it sit with some evaporust in it, steamed it out really well, put everything back together and now I cant get any fuel up to the carb. Filter in the filter bowl is gone, has an inline filter right before the carb. If you take the line going to the carb loose after cranking there is air pressure built up there like there is a restriction in the carb or something. Not sure if this is a common problem with an easy fix.

SD T16

Did you blow back all of the lines prior to hooking up tank after cleaning? If the tank was that dirty, I would guess that everything is now dirty. We put an inline filter before pump and original filter. You may have crap in the pump and or carb now.

SD

Katavic918

Could be a bad coil or distributer problem as well.

Edit: oops, didn't catch the part about no fuel to the carb.

Last edited:

mooresM35A2

Yes I get enough fuel if I disconnect the line and run it into a bucket. I cleaned out all the lines and put a new inline filter on it. Took the carb apart today and cleaned it and made sure everything worked and was clean. Still same thing. She kind of spits and sputters now though.

Katavic918

Still sounds like a carb problem. Especially since you said there is pressure built up when you disconnect the line. Fuel is not getting into or past the carburetor. Could be a jet, passage, or fuel shutoff valve (if equipped) being blocked.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks