• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Tank return fitting

rmgill

So I'm replacing my deuce fuel tank with a new one it came with. I'm sitting here in pain from bashing my left knee with a wrench in trying to get the bloody thing off. Initially it was all good, but the fitting was aimed slightly wrong I figured I could turn it slightly to get it lined up with the fuel return line. Well, It wouldn't budge so I carefully bend the fuel return line. Turns out I buggered up the fitting. It's pretty soft apparently, so I try to get it to come off, won't budge and just proceeds to come apart like soft aluminum. Bloody heck, well, ok, try getting the good fitting off the old tank, that one comes apart as well. WTF? Are these things welded in? :evil:

Now that I've screwed two of them up, what size fittings am I looking for now? Looks like a pretty standard fitting, just bloody soft.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Ryan,
The fitting is a 3/8" inverted flare type. Same as used for brake lines only larger. Available at your NAPA store. The tubing is copper.
The fitting in the tank may be hard to replace since you can't get your hand inside at that point (the baffle blocks the way). Let me know how you progress.
Bjorn

rmgill

NAPA was closed by the time I headed that way. Autozone didn't have the part. Home Depot didn't have the fitting. Advance had them. And the fitting was thicker than the original units needing a 3/4" wrench rather than an 11/16".

Whats more they have drain valve fittings!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks