• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuselage ID help needed

Heath_h49008

Heath:
So sorry for your loss. Civilians who died in the war effort. May they be as honored as all others who have sacraficed.
John
He was a USAF vet... he worked on Bones if you get my reference. But yeah, the military gave them all full honors at Dover and at his service on Mother's Day. They took care of him as best they could. National has done good as well.

It was all anyone could ask for.

dogtags

If you wanted to use that AT-11 chunk, the only rational thing I could think of would be to use those panels and cut them into an existing C-18. I doubt the bottom box around the main spar is any good if that was used as a trailer in the salty north for very long. Then you would only be a glass nose and a polish/paint job away from having your own warbird. (Although you'd be missing the bomb bays the AT-11 had as well.)

Wow... kinda makes me want an AT-11!
From what I understand, it was made in Florida and then towed up here to be put on a plot of land as a vacation home. It may have gone other places, but only in the summer when there's not too much salt on the roads.

The land the trailer was on got sold and the gentleman took the trailer off and has been hanging on to it for a few years now.

~Robert

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks