• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

G506(G4162)dump W/ winch serial numbers

Ray84

My Uncle and I are restoring a 1941 1 1/2 ton G4162 Dump W/ Winch. we are almost done but we dont have the original serial number. We would like to create a historically correct serial number. can anyone point me into the right direction as to liturature or info about what gm plants during world war 2 produce dump W/ winch trucks and what the number of the plant was.

kelley

vehicles of victory has a lot information on the 506 and the g503 website has a 1/2 to 2 ton forum with a lot of 506 owners sharing in formation.

kelley

There's a chart on the vov website that breaks down the serial numbers and there are chevy owners on the "G" that could I.D. the guys truck by looking at a few pictures and asking a few questions.

Ray84

thanks for the info guys. we talked to vov and purchased a owners guided. so we know what our vin should be or look like but again we don't know what number to choose to identify what plant it came from if any of u guys could tell me where your dump model came from that would really help and what number is on your vin that identifies the plant location.Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks