• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gas tank or alternative...

rollinwardle

I'm on the hunt for a replacement fuel tank... Or some clever alternative (i.e. Fuel cell). Truck needs to stay street legal in NC and I'll have the spare tire space available as well (spare being mounted in bed baja truck style with 2 fuel cans and 2 watercans). My fuel tank seems to leak at strange times.
Could also use the extra capacity...

Anyone mounted a fuel cell?

Thanks.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unless it has been damaged, They are plastic and rarely leak.
Now a dryrotted fill tube or vent tube or even a rusted out sending unit. These will only leak when full or overfull

rollinwardle

Hmmmm... That could be the culprit. Leaks when full or overfull. Guess I'll look into that. Knew the tank was plastic but didn't consider something could be rotted up there other than the tank. Thanks.

Still interested in installing a fuel cell in the spare tire's location for some much needed additional capacity. It'll be my auxiliary tank.
Seems like a fairly straight process.

imbobbbb

some '70s dodges had a fuel tank in the cab behind the seat....the idea freaks some people out nowadays,but years ago was pretty common.Ive had or driven several trucks with them and several older jeeps with under seat tanks.....makes a good aux and doesn't scare me.

unclemikey

Don't know if this would work for you, but I put a 50 gal step tank on the driver side. It worked good for me. Woofpack added a tank where his spare tire use to go. It worked good for him. Just some thoughts. Lots of fuel is always a good thing.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks