• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gas tank pick up tube and vent?

citizensoldier

I just dropped my tank to have it re-newed and the pick up tube assembly is badly rusted and carroded. I would like to replace the whole thing with NOS. Anybody have these for sale or know where I can get one? The bottom is surrounded by a cylender shaped screen that was not on any of my parts trucks. Will one work from another vehicle? :roll:

CGarbee

Best thing is to leave that in-tank filter screen off and install a really nice in-line unit outside the tank... If you really want to replace the in-tank filter, contact ABLinn or Sid Beck or George M. or Fred Potter (ABLinn, ACE Surplus, Vermont Comm. Salvage, and Adirondack Dodge Parts, respectively). I'd check the same list of guys for the pick up tube/vent assembly as well...
Good luck.

CGarbee

Oh yes, forgot to mention John Bizal at Midwest Military. He'll most likely have the parts you need as well, but will likely be a tad more expensive than the rest... (really good guy to deal with and his parts, especially reproduction ones, are dead on...).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks