• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gasser Exaust

Crazyguyla

If you've seen the picture of my M45 Compressor truck, you know how the cab is rusted away. The cab is pristine compared to the exaust system. Does anyone have the measurements for the exaust pipe from the mainfold back to the muffler? I tried to remove the pipe in one piece so i could get a shop to match it up, but it started to desintigrate as i worked on it, not to mention big rust voids where the elements had worked away at the pipe. I need a new exaust if i plan on driving the truck up to Mo. *L* the muffler and turn down pipes are in good enough condition where i can remove them and match them up, unless someone has part #'s fro those to pieces too. I plan on taking leave when it starts to warm up here and that leaves plenty of time to collect all the parts i need to make the drive up from new orleans.

On another note, I was driving out of Rolla, Mo going south on US 63 and spotted a yard/ field full of MV. I caught a glimpse of some dueces, 5 tons, and i think an M37. there was little to see moving down the road at 65 and dealing with a fussy 2 yr old *L* I din't see any signs or markers, anyone know what this place maybe? I plan to go back and see when i get time off.

Marcus

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
All of these measurements are "eyballed" (guestimating) the center of a given bend

manifold->flanged elbow->
exhaust pipe from the flanged elbow to down to the frame rail at the spring hanger(bend #1) 12"
bend #1 to kickout for tcase 22"
kickout=6" (about middle of battery box)
kickout to "kickin" (along side transfercase) 24"
kickin=6"
--> straight back to muffler (which I don't have :) )

Clearances from exhaust...
to frame at bend #1 3/4"
to rear battery box support 1"
touching front fuel tank support :shock:

hung of tcase

Mine is flattened on the frame side near the front spring hanger (I don't know if it is intentional)

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
mine matches the drawing from tm 9-8022. It runs more or less parallel to the frame, but kicks out to go around the t-case. In my pic it(the dogleg for the t-case) is the section that has the rear exhuast pipe bracket on it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks