• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gauges and Senders

87cr250r

Good evening. I have not done any research yet and am wondering what is already known. I have installed a 2001ish center mount turbo 6.5 engine in my CUCV. I installed the DB2 pump and did not carry over any of the later electronics.

I would like to get some gauges on the truck and have all of the 6.5 senders not in use. I have a temperature sender, oil pressure sender, boost pressure sender, and 4 pulse per rev pickup on the crank.

Does anyone have cost effective recommendations for any systems that would work with these senders whether they be individual gauges or a single display?

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would call AutoMeter or VDO tech support.
They should have something that will work for a good price point.

adf5565

Steel Soldiers Supporter
LMC sells a "diesel" gauge cluster for our trucks. I can't say on sender compatibility to what you have but the cluster comes with the oil and temp senders that could be easily swapped. The LMC cluster also has a tach so you should be able to get that working as well.

Price isn't cheap so I'm not sure I can say it is cost effective but I have been considering this myself.

For boost (as well as oil pressure, coolant temp, EGT, and trans temp) I currently have stand alone Autometer gauges, they have many options. I found a gauge pillar that fits 3 of them, another is mounted next to the voltage gauge and the other is under the dash for now.IMG_1991.jpeg

Last edited:

Barrman

Look at Dakota Digital as well. It has been 7 years, but when I wanted to order one of their gauge clusters. I called them up and asked if I could have a 4,000 rpm tach instead of an 8,000 rpm tach since it was a 6.5 diesel. They did it for no extra charge. Supposedly their newer stuff is very flexible about what you can display. Call and talk to them. They make their stuff in house so you might end up with the guy who will put it together on the phone.

Barrman

This is the improved version of what I have. You can choose what is displayed in the two digital windows. Supposedly it has Bluetooth to talk with your phone. I don’t know if you can have stuff displayed there as well.

87cr250r

I like the Dakota concept but I'll have to finish some projects around the house before my wife will let me drop that kind of dough. I'm shooting for $300-500 to get two pressure and 1 temp reading with rpm optional.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks