• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gear noise in 5 ton

m139h2otruck

When we run the H2O Truck down the road at a higher rate of speed, there seems to be a large amount of gear noise, more than I would expect from either the transmission or the transfer case (I think it is the TC). At 40 mph indicated, the noise is not bad, but get it up to 50-55 mph and you really need ear muffs. Both cases get warm (100-120 degrees as a guess) which should be normal and the oil has been changed a number of times, especially in the TC (see old posts). Any ideas??

By the way, truck has been clocked by another pickup at 65 mph+ just under redline (2,800 rpm), and the noise was about the same as at 50 mph.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks