• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

gear oil for deuce

red devils dude

after looking around for GL-1 gear oil for the deuce here what I came up
with.
1.Shell Dentax Gear Oil 80W-90 $48.00 for 5gal's
2.Delo Gear Lubricants ESI 80W-90 called tech support they say it's safe for brass and bronze parts this is a GL-4/5
3.Kendall All-Oil Gear Lubricant SAE 85W-90 also a GL-1
4.Valvoline High Performance Gear Oil 80W-90 GL-4/5 this and the delo are
MIL-PRF-2105E.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RDD,
Now that you brought this subject up, I've been reading both the TM's and doing searches. I have yet to find how MUCH gear oil goes into the axles. As my front's are leaking, I want to add some until I have the time to check the seals (which I will have to get) and replace the boots (which I have).

SO, how MUCH gear oil goes in the axles? Specifically the front axles. I have not crawled under my truck yet to check, but do either of the rear axles use the axle boot?

And if it's NOT too much trouble, WHERE are the specs for how much oil goes in which component? I would like to print that out and then have it laminated so I will always have it handy when I start changing over to Royal Purple. Plus it lets me calculate how much ProLong to add to each item.

Thx in advance. jim

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mangus,
DUH, didn't even THINK about that one. thx

Well, I just looked. It gives engine, cooling system and fuel. No tranny, transfer or diffs. IT DOES give the LO manual numbers for those. Learning, learning, learning...

RDD,
Thx.

Sixbuy,
I'm working on it. rdixiemiller is going to ship me a cd with all the TM's for the deuce on it. THEN I should have that info. And no wonder, I've been reading TM's, not LO's. Learn something new every day here. Thx

The engine is 22 qts, right?

CGarbee

I use Warren 90wt GL1 that I get at Agri-Supply for $25 a bucket (5 gallon pail...). According to both the website and the info on the bucket, it exceeds all the mil standards for what the M35's gearboxes call for...
If you do go with a GL5, just make sure that you get one that is also MT1 rated to insure that you don't bugger the yellow metal components...
Anyway, my point is that you might want to check with your local agricultural supply house as a lot of the stuff running on folks' farms is vintage... :)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got Supertech GL-1 from Walmart for about $24 a bucket. It's also made my Warren Like Cabell's stuff. Walmart here is spotty. Had it for a while, didn;t for a year then had it again. Haven't seen it in 6 months now.

area52

I have 2 five gallon buckets brand new of Valvoline High Performance Gear Oil 80W-90 if any is near Aztec NM and wants to buy them for cheap.