• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Geared Lug Wrench handle storage

number9

I carry the geared lug wrench on the truck in case I need to change a tire on the road somewhere. The lug wrench, short handle along with the jack and other tools fit easily in the normal storage places on the Deuce. The long 36" handle does not and I didn't want it in the cab of the truck rolling / clanging around. Finally thought of a way to store it out of normal sight.

I borrowed an idea from dual sport motorcycle riders and made a storage tube from 1 1/2" PVC pipe. Made some brackets out of angle iron to bolt to the bed supports and used PVC pipe clamp hangers to hold the pipe to the brackets. The clamp hangers come with one side threaded 10-24 and a screw that runs through the other side of the clamp. I didn't trust these screws staying in so I drilled the holes out with 1/4" drill bit so I could use 1/4-20 bolts and lock nuts on it.

I cut the pipe to length and used cap plugs on both ends. Sprayed it walmart camo flat black and after I mounted it in the truck I sprayed the visible ends with walmart camo flat green. I have it mounted over the spare tire between the bed and frame and you can't even see it unless you are looking for it.

Just thought I'd pass it along in case someone else wants to do the same.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks