• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gen 1 issues

brianc613

no gen 1 light with key on engine off. voltmeter never gets full. gen 2 charging properly. i have went through the TM's and wiring diagrams as best i can. the excite/ charging plug red wire has 12v key off. the brown has zero. with key on they both have 12v. main red wire has 12v. heater blower motor works and fuse is good. the steice connection has continuity all the way to pin "W" inside the cab. Gen1 light bulb is good.

using a known good alternator i still get nothing from #1 slot.

am i supposed to get anything from the tach wire?

only thing i haven't done is pull all the firewall connectors apart and see if they need cleaned because as far as i can tell it all tested good by the TM and verious threads on here about testing different things..

any and all help is welcome.

Electrosmok3r

no gen 1 light with key on engine off. voltmeter never gets full. gen 2 charging properly. i have went through the TM's and wiring diagrams as best i can. the excite/ charging plug red wire has 12v key off. the brown has zero. with key on they both have 12v. main red wire has 12v. heater blower motor works and fuse is good. the steice connection has continuity all the way to pin "W" inside the cab. Gen1 light bulb is good.

only thing i haven't done is pull all the firewall connectors apart and see if they need cleaned because as far as i can tell it all tested good by the TM and verious threads on here about testing different things..

got the same problem but i found this post and will check all on the weekend.
CUCV - GEN1 and GEN2 Exciter Circuit troubleshooting | SteelSoldiers

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter

For me I verify that power is on the printed circuit for the gen 1 light is the only way to make sure the bulb socket is good. Which means pulling the cluster back and using a test light etc and see if it has power to the bulb...I like to do a voltage drop on both sides to see if it is 0 so I know there's no issues with the socket connection to the board. There is no reason to put the dash back together unless that light bulb turns on with the key. If you don't have power up there then you found where the problem ends and need to go further towards the main connection at the board. Printed boards have a great habit of cross connecting when plugging them in. Finding the power wire going to that bulb is very easy. Since you're heater works and I assume oil light and 4wd light you should have power at that light bulb socket or the feed wire at the printed circuit connector.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

brianc613

For me I verify that power is on the printed circuit for the gen 1 light is the only way to make sure the bulb socket is good. Which means pulling the cluster back and using a test light etc and see if it has power to the bulb...I like to do a voltage drop on both sides to see if it is 0 so I know there's no issues with the socket connection to the board. There is no reason to put the dash back together unless that light bulb turns on with the key. If you don't have power up there then you found where the problem ends and need to go further towards the main connection at the board. Printed boards have a great habit of cross connecting when plugging them in. Finding the power wire going to that bulb is very easy. Since you're heater works and I assume oil light and 4wd light you should have power at that light bulb socket or the feed wire at the printed circuit connector.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

I will be pulling the dash this week. Yes the heater works. The 4wd light comes on when engaged don't remember if the oil light works or not but I will test that while I have the dash apart

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks