• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gen set 804A 15k No volt, no freq

SPChenriquez

My generator won’t produce voltage, First thing I did was change the voltage regulator with the transformer. Later I did troubleshoot the produce voltage path and had no broken wires or bad resistors. Tested the S1 for 24v and still nothing. Interesting fact is when I flash the field the needle on the voltage goes up only to 20v, the frequency stays with no movement and the weirdest thing is that the percent rated current goes up to a 100 like it was consuming all of the power. Please help me.

Guyfang

Staff member
My generator won’t produce voltage, First thing I did was change the voltage regulator with the transformer. Later I did troubleshoot the produce voltage path and had no broken wires or bad resistors. Tested the S1 for 24v and still nothing. (So what did you test on the S1? And what did you get?) Interesting fact is when I flash the field (How are you flashing the field?) the needle on the voltage goes up only to 20v, the frequency stays with no movement (you can not get freq, when you have no AC voltage. So nothing wrong there) and the weirdest thing is that the percent rated current goes up to a 100 like it was consuming all of the power. Please help me.
Do you have the Quad circuit MWO on your set?
Open to see questions.

SPChenriquez

So I’ve been reading almost all ur post guyfang
For the S1 I followed the procedure u said that was check for 24v on the #7
I flashed the field the way the teach me on AIT, which was turn the gen on and crank it again while it’s on. Well I am getting ac voltage but only when I flash the field, the gen produces 20v
Last question I don’t understand it. Squad set MWO

Guyfang

Staff member
The Quad MWO is an in line fuse hooked up to the A1, (volt regulator). If you dont know what to look for, take a picture of the inside of the control panel. Right side. The A1 is marked.

91X15R

The Quad MWO is an in line fuse hooked up to the A1, (volt regulator). If you dont know what to look for, take a picture of the inside of the control panel. Right side. The A1 is marked.
Following this thread. My problem is that while holding on start position ,the voltage and frequency is good, as soon as I release the S1, the under voltage light illuminates and lose power. Here is the picture of the voltage regulator currently installed on this generator (MFD 11/93), I circled the part that looks like the MWO you are refering to, I'm now wondering if the fuse is missing on this one. Can you take a look at the picture and advise please. Thank you in advance.V Reg.jpg

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That fuse holder is empty (and not wired properly... the wire appears to be directly where the fuse would be held). I would check to make sure the wires are positioned correctly, and pop in an appropriate fuse. I don't know if the fuse requirements are different on the 15kw units compared to the 5/10s, but if they are not I regularly use FNQ-R-3.

91X15R

That fuse holder is empty (and not wired properly... the wire appears to be directly where the fuse would be held). I would check to make sure the wires are positioned correctly, and pop in an appropriate fuse. I don't know if the fuse requirements are different on the 15kw units compared to the 5/10s, but if they are not I regularly use FNQ-R-3.
Thank you for the reply. I will try to find a fuse, it came to our shop without it. Will update when I get it.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually the MWO for the 804A calls for a KTK-3 fuse. FNQ-R-3 is only for the 802A & 803A

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks