• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gen Trailer light wiring hook up help please

mciikurzroot

Supporting Vendor
Readers, Im trying to take a gen set to a family member in HURRICANE Sally effected Alabama, after removing the military 12 pin head, I got 4 Red wires with tracer colors and 4 Black wires with tracer colors . Is or can someone offer to me the Running lights Left and Right turn and STOP wiring, trailer lights proper are not LED but in at least the right STOP and Turn light body are two small LED and ckt boards that have some that i dont know yet the purpose.. All help welcome please, my overall intent is to adapt to either a 4 way flat or the bigger factory i guess 7 pin plug that fits into the factory body, i have no electric breaks or such scheme just basic lighting needs...

Thanks very much mac/mc

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
if you haven't changed the bulbs over to 12V or LED multi-voltage, then just wiring it up as is for 12V the lights will be extremely dim.

The two LED circuit boards in the lights are the blackout lights. basically just dim lights to let others that are very close to you know when you are turning/braking, but not bright enough to give you away at a long distance.

Just so we are on the same page, what model is the trailer we are talking about? The older ones like the M116 series it's easy to follow the cable back and you'll find a bunch of connections that you can connect to or splice into. I don't know about the 1101/1102 newer trailer.

There are several other threads that already talk about how to convert trailer wiring to match a civilian truck. Here is one example.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks