• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gen2 always blows hot

ramdough

My Gen2 always blows hot….. really hot.

My guess is the valve is allowing water to always pass.

Any suggestions?

I am thinking of adding a 5/8 ball valve.

Can anyone confirm the size?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronmar

My Gen2 always blows hot….. really hot.

My guess is the valve is allowing water to always pass.

Any suggestions?

I am thinking of adding a 5/8 ball valve.

Can anyone confirm the size?

Or it could be the control cable or lever on the valve is disconnected/broken? I believe that is correct on size, you can see the hoses where they pass up behind the grill, up above the radiator when the cab is tilted. On my A0 The heater plumbing/valve is the same size as the pipe where the supply hose connects on the back side of the thermostat housing…

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The gen 2 HVAC box is all servo controlled. Make sure none of the air lines from the emergency/park brake control are interfering with the operation of the servos immediately under it.

ramdough

The gen 2 HVAC box is all servo controlled. Make sure none of the air lines from the emergency/park brake control are interfering with the operation of the servos immediately under it.
I was just wondering where those actuators are for that reason. Thanks. I will look today.

ramdough

I looked in there. My air line run to the rear of the truck side of that valve then under. I can see well enough to tell if it is touching.

Is there an outer component of the actuator that actually moves and can be blocked from moving? From the drawing and my restricted view…. I can’t tell.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hard to tell from those pictures. The actuators can definitely be interfered with from what I recall. I routed my air lines through that mess on the bench before I installed the whole console into the truck so I could ensure they didn't interfere with any of their operation.

ramdough

Anyone have a Gen2 that is not installed that they could take a few pictures of the back of the actuator for heat? It should be the one that is on the heater lines (others are for dampers).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks