• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

General noob questions

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually that is a valid concern. All states require a CDL if it is over 26,000 . That's a Federal standard. I have a class "A" CDL since I'm required to operate the Wrecker to go and retrieve broken down busses. It is not an easy thing to get. The "B" class is easier then the "A" but it still is a pain and will cost a bit of money.
Sorry to break it to you but that simply isn't true. You can say some state require a CDL but not all do. In Ohio it is for commercial use. I have posted and posted the exemptions FOR OHIO only. Your mileage will vary.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry to break it to you but that simply isn't true. You can say some state require a CDL but not all do. In Ohio it is for commercial use. I have posted and posted the exemptions FOR OHIO only. Your mileage will vary.
Same in the Commonwealth of Kentucky, No CDL for the farmers, Farm plates on all my big trucks, muck cheaper fees and taxes.

rustystud

\

Your right. I just went and read the requirements of the "FMCSA" (federal motor carrier safety administration) and each state can dictate to a certain degree. That will be changing though. Soon there will be one Federal standard. Of course if the republicans gain control of the senate and the president next year that might change. Remember it's all about States rights.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks