• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

General question

jcee

Just gonna' throw this out there for the hard core members.

HOW MUCH OF AN OUTCAST ARE YOU IF YOU DITCH THE CAMO/SAND PAINT FOR ANOTHER SOLID COLOR.

I know the history of the vehicle includes the original military colors. Is it possible to retain credibility by changing it?

Yea I know. "Off With His Head!"

emr

A solid Military color ? Is the first question ... Then yes. If so find a cool military color that suites your fancy and go with a theme ...

Its your truck is the fast answer to all ...

If you are not using your truck for Military shows and Parades than any color is fine, Is MY opinion :) They look silly at shows if not representing a Military theme , I think many have this opinion from what I hear...

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Even in the Military there have been a few trucks that were not green, sand or camo. I have seen 6X6's blue, black, white, grey and red come through the system. It is your truck and money paint it however you wish.

Freeland

I personally like to keep things as original as possible unless it's a functional modification, like a better engine swap that is still a military engine. Other than that, NATO used white, Air Force used a dark blue. But heck, if I lived way out of access to other paint colors and all that I had was Kubota orange, by all means would I do it if it meant preserving and protecting the steel from corrosion for another 20 years. Fortunately I had access to Mil-Spec paint colors, but like the other guys are saying, it's your truck, and you can always repaint it.

steelandcanvas

I recall seeing photos awhile back of a Deuce painted in a pink camo scheme. They used a flat pink, flat charcoal, flat black, and white for colors. My immediate thought was why would someone want to paint their vehicle that way. Upon reading the attached text, I understood why...it was to bring attention to Breast Cancer research. My opinion was changed immediately. Things are not always what they seem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks