• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Generator identity???? with pics

scooter01922

Ok guys, this just popped up for sale locally...so i bought it. Not really sure what i got here and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. Just came out of the hands of a local town so i am told, i have to pick it up tomorrow so any requests for more info shall have to wait till then. I have been told that it will fire if you pour gas in the carb, and it looks like a runner :) Engine is a 4 cyl onan. Any and all info is greatly appreciated. And by the way if anyone in the northeast is looking for a super looking M 37 let me know, the guy that had this has one that he is looking to sell. Has a parts one as well so if you need some.... He also happens to be looking for a 5 ton. I told him about the site so hopefully we will see him around here. Enjoy the pics :D

Attachments

Oldvw2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From the pics it looks like an Onan JC 15KW set or its predecessor. 4cyl gasser, 1800rpm. They are built tough and will run nearly forever if maintained. Parts are still available from Cummins/Onan but will cost you. The only downside is if it is the liquid fueled only model that fuel tank isn't big enough - they are thirsty to operate. There is also a dual fuel model that will run on gasoline or LP/Nat gas. I've got a 7.5KW JB Onan sitting in the garage and it will run ~1 gph under load to give you an idea.
Hope this helps,
Chad

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you get a spec and s/n, I might be able to get the manuals for it.

scooter01922

Thanks for the info so far guys, its now safe here at home. Tinkered for a little while this afternoon. Gas tank has what looks to be 30 years worth of crud at the bottom, and i drained about a gallon or so of the oldest gas i have ever seen out of it. On the good side they were nice enough to shut off the fuel supply and the carb is nice and clean. Seems to have no spark at the moment... so much for fires with gas in the carb :roll: , kinda like "ran when parked" huh?? Unfortunately with all the stuff going on around here i didn't grab any numbers off of it. I'll be out of state thurs-sunday so i may or may not have time to grab some of them before my flight tomorrow.
Thanks guys
Scott

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks