• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Generator Libby MEP-003A

Guyfang

Staff member
This attachment is not in the TM's. It will help with the pumps. Test them when you have them off the set. Ground the body of the pump on the frame of the gen set and then take a wire and go from the positive side of the batteries, to the wire that is on the pump.

Or, on the machine, unhook all three wires to the pumps. Turn the set on to the run position, but do not start the engine. Take a DMM, (Multimeter) and find what two wires are hot. Hook one pump up. It should begin to pump madly. Unhook it. Then take the wire to the second pump and do the same. Then unhook it. Follow the procedure for the third pump. Make sure all run.

When rehooking them all up, do not worry about what wire to what pump. The two pumps that are hooked to your fuel system, get the two hot wires. The third pump gets the wire left over. Its to the AUX Fuel system, and will only be hot when the start switch is in AUX position.

You need to ask more questions. And dig into the TM's. The only dumb question is the question not asked. And we need to keep in mind to explain more. We, I, have used terms you might not know. So say something.

Attachments

2Pbfeet

I have the original pumps someone just put a new separator but I guess I need to replace it again along with the other filter and clean the pumps out.
That is probably a smart move. You should also fully drain / inspect / clean the tank (and check the seals on the tank), to make sure that there isn't more water in there, and that there isn't a piece of debris in there that could float over and partially block the intake. It would be time well spent in my view. Once you have water in fuel, a lot of ugly things can, and often does, happen, plus there could be gunk leftover from being an old piece of machinery.

All the best,

2Pbfeet

Last edited:

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are needing to update filters, I would strongly suggest swapping out the stock canisters and going with @Ray70's fuel upgrades for the 00X machines. Well worth it for long term owners, and better filtering and EASIER changes!

I tagged him, because Im not sure if they are up in the classifieds or not.

1961matts

If you are needing to update filters, I would strongly suggest swapping out the stock canisters and going with @Ray70's fuel upgrades for the 00X machines. Well worth it for long term owners, and better filtering and EASIER changes!

I tagged him, because Im not sure if they are up in the classifieds or not.
Okay thanks
That is probably a smart move. You should also fully drain / inspect / clean the tank (and check the seals on the tank), to make sure that there isn't more water in there, and that there isn't a piece of debris in there that could float over and partially block the intake. It would be time well spent in my view. Once you have water in fuel, a lot of ugly things can, often does, happen, plus gunk leftover from being an old piece of machinery.

All the best,

2Pbfeet

1961matts

Okay thanks
Okay thanks
Okay thanks
Yeah I took the fuel line off at the injector pump and turned it on and pump the gallon out. I had extremely good flow and I noticed it was kind of like a light pink and I thought maybe somebody just mixed clear with red fuel and I tried starting it it always seems to run good when it's cool but when it warms up it starts to smoke and then stops so now I'm thinking that fuel is probably bad

1961matts

This attachment is not in the TM's. It will help with the pumps. Test them when you have them off the set. Ground the body of the pump on the frame of the gen set and then take a wire and go from the positive side of the batteries, to the wire that is on the pump.

Or, on the machine, unhook all three wires to the pumps. Turn the set on to the run position, but do not start the engine. Take a DMM, (Multimeter) and find what two wires are hot. Hook one pump up. It should begin to pump madly. Unhook it. Then take the wire to the second pump and do the same. Then unhook it. Follow the procedure for the third pump. Make sure all run.

When rehooking them all up, do not worry about what wire to what pump. The two pumps that are hooked to your fuel system, get the two hot wires. The third pump gets the wire left over. Its to the AUX Fuel system, and will only be hot when the start switch is in AUX position.

You need to ask more questions. And dig into the TM's. The only dumb question is the question not asked. And we need to keep in mind to explain more. We, I, have used terms you might not know. So say something.
Thank you so much yep everything is working took the bottom of the pumps apart clean them put them back and I unhook the fuel line to the injector pump and got very good volume and very good pressure pumped a gallon of fuel out and it looked like kind of pink so I started it and it's the same thing once it kind of warms up then it stops running so I'm going to drain all the fuel out and put new fuel in it

Chainbreaker

If you can... it would be VERY HELPFUL to take a Video & post back here. If you don't know how to post a video link just ask.

If you can, the next time you intend to run it again, take one of it starting, running & showing the initial exhaust color with a walkaround 360 view running and then of the exhaust as it's dying out.

If a picture is worth a thousand words... a video with sound turns those words into gold! At least as far as troubleshooting goes!

Ray70

If you can get a video together that would be great.
Thinking more about your problem, I'm wondering if you have an issue with your rocker arm adjustments?
It's starting to sound like you may be loosing compression as the motor heats up, possibly from the rocker arms being set too tight and insufficient valve last for when the engine is hot and things expand.
That would explain the smoke as well.
The TM calls for .010" on the intake and .007" on the exhaust valves.

Ray70

I tagged him, because I'm not sure if they are up in the classifieds or not.

Indeed the filter adapters are not currently listed in the Classifieds, I'm terrible at keeping the add up to date! :shrugs: Too many other irons in the fire I suppose!
However there is a link to my original article in my signature and anyone can PM me for additional info if you'd like.

1961matts

I tagged him, because I'm not sure if they are up in the classifieds or not.

Indeed the filter adapters are not currently listed in the Classifieds, I'm terrible at keeping the add up to date! :shrugs: Too many other irons in the fire I suppose!
However there is a link to my original article in my signature and anyone can PM me for additional info if you'd like.
I believe I've got it figured out I drained the fuel and clean the tank out and check the fuel at the fuel pump and I've got good pressure and good volume and I started it and it ran but I think what's happening is I've got a head gasket leaking bad on the cylinder with the temperature sensor and I believe the temperature sensor it's getting that hot air blown onto that sensor and shutting down it runs for about 6 to 10 minutes and then it just slowly dies. When starting you can see the gasket is leaking pretty bad it's blowing smoke out of that cylinder around the valve cover and the shield. I cannot do a video for some reason.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks