• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

generator MEP802

Gustavo

hi have a problem with alternator i can find the original anybody know a website .i bought alternator 24 bolts from my local auto part has 2 connections i install the one but a run for 5 min the engine turned off also when is running i disconnect the battery cable the engine turned off i appreciate any help or advice thanks

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am still learning a ton about these generators. I see you are new to the site. Have you looked at the TM's for these. I know the MEP 802/803 are in the TM section. There will be plenty of experts here to help but help yourself become a little smarter by reading them. They are designed for 18-year-old kids to repair them so dummies like me can follow along. Alternators are out there, but they are not cheap like 12-volt car alternators. If you are looking for parts, put an ad in the parts wanted section first. The prices for used or rebuilt will be much better here than on the outside in most cases. Good luck and I will be following along to educate myself as your problem gets solved.

All the manuals for the MEP-802, 5KW Generator | SteelSoldiers

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Prestolite was sold to a Chinese alternator conglomerate back 2015/2016ish... I would get parts on the shelf for them while you still can, as this model is "specialized" for this platform only at this point. Others may fit, but I don't assume anything these days in terms of forward-looking availability.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Prestolite was sold to a Chinese alternator conglomerate back 2015/2016ish... I would get parts on the shelf for them while you still can, as this model is "specialized" for this platform only at this point. Others may fit, but I don't assume anything these days in terms of forward-looking availability.
" Prestolite Electric Incorporated, a leading global manufacturer of alternators, starters and new-energy solutions marketed under the Leece-Neville® Heavy Duty Systems and Prestolite® brands, was acquired in 2016 by Zhongshan Broad-Ocean Motor Co., Ltd. (Broad-Ocean), one of the world’s largest manufacturers of specialty rotary electrics. "

Gustavo

hi thanks to expert that help sorry i took me a while to get to the right forum ; am new a the site ; any advice is welcome regarding the alternator for MEP 802 is fire season they cut the power got to be ready thanks

Gustavo

I am still learning a ton about these generators. I see you are new to the site. Have you looked at the TM's for these. I know the MEP 802/803 are in the TM section. There will be plenty of experts here to help but help yourself become a little smarter by reading them. They are designed for 18-year-old kids to repair them so dummies like me can follow along. Alternators are out there, but they are not cheap like 12-volt car alternators. If you are looking for parts, put an ad in the parts wanted section first. The prices for used or rebuilt will be much better here than on the outside in most cases. Good luck and I will be following along to educate myself as your problem gets solved.

All the manuals for the MEP-802, 5KW Generator | SteelSoldiers
thank you for your advice am take to rebuild also ( light dark ) send me a website for company they sell alternators hopefully i can fine the original thank you

Gustavo

" Prestolite Electric Incorporated, a leading global manufacturer of alternators, starters and new-energy solutions marketed under the Leece-Neville® Heavy Duty Systems and Prestolite® brands, was acquired in 2016 by Zhongshan Broad-Ocean Motor Co., Ltd. (Broad-Ocean), one of the world’s largest manufacturers of specialty rotary electrics. "

thank you for the information i' m going star searching those places i really appreciate .

Gustavo

hi thanks to ligth in the Dark for the information to rebuild the alternator MEP 802 they test alternator twice 24 volts, easy fix but now a new problem when i flip the knob dead crank switch the to normal, in flip it up the engine make the noise that wants to star but when i go to the master switch when i turn the knob to any of those position there no noise or contact also replace the FU1 fuse the batteries are charge , anybody has idea what is the problem i appreciate any advice thanks

Gustavo

hi bout a new alternator i connected the wires same like the old one her is my problem when i go to the side to the Dead Crank Switch flip the nob to the crank position a make the noise that engine want to star ( i charge the batteries Change the FU1 fuse Check CB1 is in the right position checked the emergency STOP ) But wen i turn the Knob on The MASTER SWITCH any position i get NO response NO noise Prime Run is there any others components that need to be replace or fuse i appreciate any advice thank you ,

Gustavo

Is your Dead Crank Switch in the "Normal" position before you move the master switch to "Prime and Run"?
hi thanks for replying yes( is on the Normal position ) i know starter is good before i replace the alternator it was running for 2 hr and the engine stop i waited 5 to 10 min the engine work for another 2 or 3 hrs they recommend to change the alternator but now this problem , i appreciate any advice thank you

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks