• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

genset pickup at Jacksonville

dirtyfingernails

Mark (deucecoupe) and I ran over to Jacksonville this morning to retreive my genset and trailer. Fairly uneventful. However, it took us about 30 minutes to get the lunette rotated (took us 25 minutes to get the cotter pin out). Yes, we knew what we were doing--I think. Anyway, flipped the lunette and drove about 1.5 hours to my house where we off-loaded the gensets. Mark took the trailer on to his place to install the bed on his modified, bobbed deuce. I saw it on Thanksgiving--it rocks!! Very nice set up. Also, for those interested, GL person at Jax said that only scrap will be sold out of there in the near future. She said that the trucks would be shipped to Huntsville. Darn. There goes my supply line.
Steve

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steve, will Mark be using the bow on the bed when he puts it on his truck? Greengator may very well be interested in them. He's taking my M103A3 off my hands.

dirtyfingernails

Lav,
All the batts were drained. I gave them to Mark. He probably would give them away if you asked. Gensets are in fine condition. Each indicated an oil change within one hour on the hobbs. Also, they both only have about 700 hours each. Good luck with your pickup.
Steve

lavarok

My genset has 6160 hrs but from the photos looks very clean. Hopefully I'll be just as happy when I pick it up. Glad to hear your pickup was a success.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks