• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Georgia Title Law Changes: Need assistance from GA and other States Members

zout

Thanks Paul as always.
Indeed our main holding card is the Mil-Std doc.

GA uses their Code of Regulations as the denial document - the GA motor code manual only states two documents needed which are as you know the legal SF97 & T22B form. Where they (GA) also use out of context is the box marked Motorcycles & Scooters for requiring the FMVSS decal (I sure have a big scooter eh).

Hopefully within the next coming weeks with the direct aide of a member here getting together with some very high up key folks to get this ball rolling come opening of the General Commitee in January. All is rolling good to date.+

During this maybe your first question can be answered to in a written document so we have a paper trail.

All I can say is stay tuned in to this channel.

sandcobra164

forward to 10:46 and watch. This was my Deuce along with Riddle's Deuce following in a funeral procession for LCPL Steve Sutton, USMC. God Bless His Soul. I have a few pictures of my Deuce in Veterans Day Parades as well. I wish I had a video of me driving my truck in the procession. I live in a small town that borders a little larger town. I took my truck from downtown Leesburg into Albany with Riddle's bobbed Deuce behind me and it was quite the experience that I can't even put it words. There was probably 8 or 9 thousand people lining the 8 mile stretch from Leesburg to the Graveyard. The scene was surreal. We were toward the end of the procession but the demeanor on the people on the side of the road changed immediately upon seeing the "Big Trucks". It was heartbreaking to say the least but alot of the ladies were in tears as I guess in this particular venue, they saw the Military in a bad light. You have to consider, most of America loves the Military and the big trucks associated with it. There are some somber events that the public does not like to think about. Would I have done the event I spoke about any other way. Absolutely not. LCPL Sutton needed a good "rear echelon" defense and I feel that America's Citizens need to know that the Military will Stand Strong regardless of the circumstances. Our two trucks kept the crazy folks from Westboro at bay and I have proof they wanted to come. Priceless but Freedom Is Not Free!!!http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...the-good-side-needed&highlight=sutton+funeral

zout

There is an update to information as of late yesterday - if Swiss feels its appropriate timing he may want to add information to the thread - if not he will at a later date. I will say it is headed in the right direction.

F18hornetM

F18HornetM - please check this thread for specific information on what the issues are. There is also a thread by Wisconsin members who just got their Bill passed dealing with this identical issue:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?110761-Getting-a-BMY-M923A2-titled-in-Georgia

What is being requested on this thread are details that can be brought to this meeting to represent our hobby to get anything 1986 and later titled in GA. If you think you have a 1986 and later unit already titled re-read the above thread - you may find yourself without a registration and title in the near future without this Code of Regulations changed - same as Wisconsin did.

Any response to the above please post the questions on that thread - please keep this thread ONLY to the requested information and or specific links to aide in gathering all this data later (before next week's meeting). Thank you.

My apologies for asking a question about the root issue in the wrong thread!

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My apologies for asking a question about the root issue in the wrong thread!
Dont apologize it is a good question. I have been knee deep in this stuff for the last 72 hours and once I get a minute to breath I will post updates and more information to clarify the situation.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
PS thank you everyone that took time from thier day to share a story or thought. Your stories are priceless and have provided 2 things

1. Great commentary on the importance of our hobby to enlighten others
2. Deepened my pride and respect in our passions and the men and women who serve

Thank you all

saddamsnightmare

November 9th, 2013.

Take a look at Ma Deuce's law here in Illinois on FMV's, you could do only a bit better if you can get a copy of Texas's FMV law passed in your state. Good luck, too many states are leaving us squealing like pigs!

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Again I want to thank everyone that shared a story in this thread. Your stories have been helpful in the education process and more importantly painting a picture of our hobby and the importance in preserving history. This thread was started to capture that information. We had another thread started previously that outlined the original problem. I have updated the thread with the latest updates:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...d-in-Georgia&p=1450450&viewfull=1#post1450450

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks