• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

German Half-Track Track ???

1943ht

Getting set to change out my old track for new ... and I realized that the very worn track on my M16A2 appears to be German made? This was a former French Track before I recovered it and I assumed it would have good old BFG track on it ... never really looked at the track until today. Anyway was just wondering if anyone has come across any track with these markings:TRAUCO METAL KAUTSCHUK (In German KAUTSCHUK means rubber).

Mark

20170706_121022.jpg

emptyhead

Never seen any info on German tracks. Post on halftrack info maybe someone else has a set. What are you replacing with, Israeli tracks or the ones coming over from Europe.

1943ht

EH .. Israeli track .. have had it for several years .. didn't want to pull the trigger on replacement until I knew that more replacement track would be available down the road!
B3 ...its possible ...but what I'm wondering is where the molds came from to produce this track, who ever produced it ... as the BFG molds all supposedly went to Israel. Just thought it odd that this track has what appears to be German (or Austrian?) production markings. Is it possible that this was an Israeli Co that made this track, lots of WWII refugees from Germany landed up in Israel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks